Ep155 Show Notes: Esther Choy
About Esther Choy
Esther Choy is the President of Leadership Story Lab, a training and consulting firm dedicated to teaching classical storytelling to modern leaders. Since 2010, she has coached hundreds of executives at U.S. Fortune 500 companies (Allstate, BP, SC Johnson, US Cellular and others), helping them motivate their teams and customers through storytelling. To-date her investment-firm clients have raised over $5 billion in new assets under management. She also lecturers at Kellogg School of Management’s Executive Education Programs. Choy’s first book, Let the Story Do the Work, published by AMACOM Books is now available for pre-ordering online.
Key Conversation Points
- The powers of our natural introvert observation skills
- How to paint a narrative
- Introducing storytelling to the business world
- Learning good storytelling from bad storytellers
- Making stories work for you
- How to track down a good story
- Exposing yourself without over-sharing
- Sharing your experience in the most compelling manner possible
- Where writing stories and telling stories differ
- Listening to yourself when appropriate
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast*
Connect with Esther
Esther’s Introvert Island Book Selections*
Happiness by Design: Change What You Do, Not How You Think | Paul Dolan
The Eaves of Heaven: A Life in Three Wars | Andrew Pham
Craft-a-Doodle: 75 Creative Exercises from 18 Artists | Jenny Doh
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Introvert Entrepreneur Podcast on on iTunes or Stitcher. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. If you want to hear more news from The Introvert Entrepreneur including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list.
*Amazon links are affiliate, meaning I receive a few pennies when you purchase through my link. You get some retail therapy, I get additional resources to keep bringing you great podcasts. Win-Win!!