Ep124 Show Notes: The Power of Podcasting as a Platform for Introverts
About The Episode
Whenever I go to a conference, I consider it a productive use of my time if I come away with at least one idea that I’m excited to implement. That’s exactly what happened when I attended Podcast Movement in early July, just about a month ago. You heard some one of those ideas in Episode 122, when I spoke with attendees at a meet-up I co-hosted with friend Dave Stachowiack. While I was in Chicago, I tracked down three of my fellow podcasters who self-identified as introverts. Each of them has a very different type of podcast and format, and each offers advice if you’re interested in starting your own show. The advice they give goes for almost any type of content you want to create, whether that’s a blog, book, video series, or podcast. We also chat about where they see their introversion playing a role in their approach to podcasting.
In between each of these three short interviews, I offer you some questions to think about when it comes to your own podcast or content creation.
Connect with the Podcasters
Ginger, host of The Outlander Podcast: http://www.outlanderpod.com/, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-outlander-podcast/id707360955
Kiel Hauck, host of Chat with the Experts (Angie’s List): https://www.angieslist.com/articles/chat-experts-podcast.htm, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/chat-experts-home-lifestyle/id738632926
It’s All Dead https://itsalldead.com/, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/its-all-dead-podcast/id737519403
Stephanie Zimmer, host of TV Rewind: http://tvrewindpodcast.com/, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tv-rewind-podcast/id393160801
Resources About Podcasting
iTunes Podcast FAQ
How to Launch and Grow a Podcast to 1,000,000 Downloads
Why a Comprehensive Content Strategy Includes Podcasting
Want to start a podcast? Take advice from these 4 podcasting pros
The Podcasters’ Studio (Gear)
The Introvert Entrepreneur Mastermind Groups
Virtual Book Group Registration for “The Introvert Entrepreneur“
Podcast and Content Creation Questions for Your Consideration
Whether it’s a podcast, blog, book, video or some other platform, these are all questions that can help you find your focus and move forward.
- Where do you notice a lot of conversation happening among your peers?
- Around which topics does there seem to be high energy or a resurgence of interest? And do you have any strong feelings about those topics? Or you have a driving curiosity that makes you want to dig into the topic with others.
- In the spirit of Ginger’s advice to experiment, do you have any desire to push the envelope, be a contrarian or take some risks around the topic and your ideas on it?
- Does it feel like something you’d be willing to stick your neck out for?
- And are you open to trying different ways of expressing yourself?
- What are all of the possible topics you feel you could speak regularly about, while feeling consistent enthusiasm for the message?
- Which ones support your business goals?
- Which ones would just feel good to express?
- Where do you already have expertise, and where would you feel comfortable building your expertise as you go?
- As you think about the format you want to use to share your message, what suits it best?
- Is it your sharing solo?
- Do you bring in other people as guests?
- What would it be like to have a co-host, or in the case of a book or blog, a co-author?
- Would it strengthen or dilute your brand?
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Introvert Entrepreneur Podcast on on iTunes or Stitcher. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. If you want to hear more news from The Introvert Entrepreneur including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list.
*Amazon links are affiliate, meaning I receive a few pennies when you purchase through my link. You get some retail therapy, I get additional resources to keep bringing you great podcasts. Win-Win!!
Leave a Reply