Podcast Show Note: Ep120: Cate Brubaker
About Cate Brubaker
Cate Brubaker is Founder and Chief Re-entry Relauncher at SmallPlanetStudio.com. She helps global adventurers navigate the ups and downs of returning home after living abroad by creating a meaningful and satisfying global life they love anywhere in the world. A former expat who has traveled to 36 countries on four continents, Cate currently loves life as a part-time nomad. Her new Re-Entry Relaunch Roadmapworkbook launches in October 2016.
Key Conversation Points
- The ramifications of coming home after living abroad for an extended period
- The internal experience of travel and how it translates to others
- Recognizing and addressing “reverse culture shock” after traveling abroad
- Relaunching yourself after coming home
- Location independence for entrepreneurs
- The pros and cons of “workcations”
- Being fully present and mindful during your excursions
- Misconceptions concerning workcations involving very little actual work
- Being respectful and curious about other cultures
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Connect with Cate
Cate’s Introvert Island Book Selections*
Any book by Margaret Atwood (I chose to share my two favorites: A Handmaid’s Tale and Alias Grace. ~BB)
A Journal (I picked a fun travel-friendly journal from Moleskine. ~BB)
A German Cookbook (For your consideration: German Cuisine: Authentic German Cooking for the Home Chef)
Sharing is Caring!Are you an #entrepreneur seeking location independence? #Podcast via @IntrovertCoach @CateBrubaker Discover the benefits of being semi-nomadic. #Podcast via @IntrovertCoach @CateBrubaker Learn the secret to productive #business “workcations.” #Podcast via @IntrovertCoach @CateBrubaker How to recalibrate after working abroad for an extended period. #Podcast via @IntrovertCoach @CateBrubaker
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Introvert Entrepreneur Podcast on on iTunes or Stitcher. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. If you want to hear more news from The Introvert Entrepreneur including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list.
*Amazon links are affiliate, meaning I receive a few pennies when you purchase through my link. You get some retail therapy, I get additional resources to keep bringing you great podcasts. Win-Win!