Social media has been one of the greatest inventions to ever hit the introvert world. We can engage with people on our own terms, forming relationships more intentionally and deciding when we want to take the online to offline. It can, however, become overwhelming and sometimes take over our valuable business development time. My guest for this podcast shares insights as to how introverts can leverage social media and navigate the constantly changing landscape.
Rachel Parker, owner and principal of Resonance, brings a track record of success in social media to her work with forward-thinking businesses. With over 15 years of experience as a brand strategist and marketing writer, Rachel has worked with some of the most prominent companies in Houston, TX.
A few points we cover in our wide-ranging conversation include:
- Can you be an IRL innie and an online outtie?
- Why social media is NOT about marketing
- How to use the virtual world to feed real world relationships
- A quick overview of Google+
- Maintaining your privacy while living in a fishbowl
- Keeping social media from being a time suck
Featured image source: http://www.daddydesign.com/wordpress/72-free-puzzle-social-network-icons/