In the world of business, we toss around words like marketing, messaging and branding with wild abandon. We talk about how we need a clear brand message or marketing strategy… but do we really know what that means? Do we know what goes into creating an effective brand that moves our business forward? And how do we make sure we’re going deeper than just tossing around marketing buzz words?
Maria Ross is the founder and chief strategist of Red Slice, a branding and marketing consultancy based in Seattle. In my longest podcast yet (stay with me; there’s a chance to win one of two books at the end! Plus, Maria offers great insights all the way to the finish line), we talk about:
- Making promises you know you can keep
- The 3 C’s of thinking through your brand strategy
- Lessons from Virgin America
- The biggest marketing mistakes people make (and how to avoid them)
- Dealing with “niche resistance”
- How to know when it’s time to move from DIY to hiring the (right) expert
Two special offers are mentioned at the end of the podcast… we’d love to be mailing YOU one of two free books!