Ep157: Kate Boyd Teaches Us How to Pay It Forward
About Kate Boyd
Kate is a launch and marketing strategist who helps entrepreneurs to make a bigger impact with less hustle by optimizing, automating, and delegating the marketing tasks they don’t enjoy. She combines a journalism degree, 3 years of online business experience, and 5+ years in non-profit marketing to help others grow, nurture, and mobilize their tribes so they can have success and have time to enjoy it, too.
There have been many paradigm shifts in modern marketing. From conference calls and webinars, to email and social media, people have more learning and connection opportunities and are drowning in marketing messages. How do you cut through the noise and truly connect with people? This week’s guest is Kate Boyd, an introvert and marketing expert who has helped people develop strategies to make the best of their preferred methods of marketing. She provides tips and tricks that can help entrepreneurs anywhere on the introvert-extrovert spectrum shake the stigma of sales and expand their comfort zones in order to diversify their marketing reach.
Key Conversation Points
- Pay-it-forward marketing: what it is, how to do it
- How to break through a noisy marketplace
- The balancing act of providing content and perceived value
- Different types of relationship building
- Removing negative associations around sales
- Going “deep” versus going “wide” while still diversifying business outreach
- Introvert-friendly sales tactics you can use right away
- Tacking issues with different methods of communicating with prospects
- Cultivating gratitude in the sales cycle
- Establishing a rapport while consistently delivering content
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Connect with Kate
Kate’s Introvert Island Book Selections*
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Introvert Entrepreneur Podcast on on iTunes or Stitcher. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. If you want to hear more news from The Introvert Entrepreneur including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list. You can also contact me directly – I love to hear from listeners!
*Amazon links are affiliate, meaning I receive a few pennies when you purchase through my link. You get some retail therapy, I get additional resources to keep bringing you great podcasts. Win-Win!!