Ep153 Show Notes: Vernetta Freeney
Vernetta R. Freeney is the Creator/Producer of the podcast, ‘A Toast To Truths.’ She teaches stressed individuals how to claim their peace using journaling as a tool. She was one of the Top 100 Young Professionals in Houston 2015 and featured on cnbc.com and EOFire podcast. When she’s not teaching you how to prevent stress, she’s reading a really good book, binge watching Netflix or cheering on her beloved Dallas Mavericks.
Vernetta is a regular guest on blogs, podcasts and other media. She speaks at conferences, workshops, trainings and more across the country with her je ne sais quoi introverted speaking style. If all this isn’t enough, Vernetta is an ESL Instructor for 10 years and founding Organizer of the Houston African American Bloggers Association.
Key Conversation Points
- Managing introvert tendencies
- The importance of setting boundaries that utilize introvert strengths
- Society’s attitudes towards introverts and personality type “bandwagons”
- What it means to do a “mental detox” via journaling
- The importance of self care
- Journaling to cope with anxiety and other stressors
- Social media, validation and potential pitfalls
- Journaling time investment misconceptions
- The benefits of journaling, especially for introverts and entrepreneurs
- How to create a journaling habit
- What happens when journaling is not a good fit
- What you can learn from memoirs
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast*
When Women Were Birds: Fifty-four Variations on Voice | Terry Tempest Williams
Virtual Networking for Introverts, June 22 event
Vernetta’s Detox the BS event
Dollar Tree Notebooks
How to write a review in iTunes (via HubSpot)
How to write an Amazon review (via Amazon)
Connect with Vernetta
Vernetta’s Introvert Island Book Selections*
Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant | W. Chan Kim & Renee Mauborgne
Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World | Russell Brunson
Anything in the memoir genre (I’m choosing the David Sedaris classic, “Me Talk Pretty One Day” ~BB)
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Introvert Entrepreneur Podcast on on iTunes or Stitcher. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. If you want to hear more news from The Introvert Entrepreneur including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list.
*Amazon links are affiliate, meaning I receive a few pennies when you purchase through my link. You get some retail therapy, I get additional resources to keep bringing you great podcasts. Win-Win!!